India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of jsb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsairam View Post
Hi All,

I would like to know if I will get in trouble if I do this:
First, switch to a completely unrelated job after 180 days of I485 filing,
then, switch back to similar job when my priority date becomes current or close to becoming current.

Does USCIS check what other jobs have I done during the entire adjustee period or it is only concerned about the job at the time of adjudication?

Thanks in advance!
Prior to getting your GC, you can work

(i) On any job using EAD
(ii) Job with a specific employer (which may or may not be your sponsor) using H1, L1, etc.

Until you get your GC, you are supposed to be a guest worker. USCIS only cares if sponsoring employer (or any other employer after 180 days of AOS pending) has a job offer for you on your getting GC.

If you are already working with the employer (prior to or at the time of getting GC) where you would work AFTER getting your GC, it only re-enforces your and your employers intentions.

So, in brief answer to your question is, no you will not be in trouble, as long as sponsoring employer (or any other employer after 180 days) is willing to confirm their intentions of hiring you if and when USCIS asks for it.

You can actually switch your job even prior to 180 days of filings AOS without impacting your case. You need not even have worked at all for the sponsoring emloyer. USCIS memos clarify these issues in detail.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote