:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
randallemery is on a distinguished road
Default Which is a bigger problem: retrogression or employer sponsorship?

I've seen both ends of abuse by employers of people here on H1-B visas who were applying for green cards: 1) Americans seeing their salaries cut with competion from H1-B visas cited as the reason, and 2) H1-B visas holders being denied benefits or pay, and then being shipped back just before they were expected to get their green cards. It's so bad that I got out of programming all together, as did a lot of other Americans I know.

My feeling is this: why not have employment based immigration tied to being employed vs. tied to a specific employer, especially given the abuse and backlogs under the current system? Why waste state tax dollars for departments of labors to verify salaries when allowing foreign workers to switch employers would provide a market based solution? I can tell you that from the side of American workers, there is a lot of resentment out there towards H1-B visas, but I think it is based on abuse by employers.

I'll try to set up a poll with this post, but tell me what you think: is retrogression the bigger problem, or is "employer based" immigration the bigger problem.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote