India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
Bank Of America denied my car loan. They want only US citizens or GC holders. I have EAD and apparently its not good at all for anything. I can't even get my drivers license. The DMV is waiting for a response from DHS, until then I have to find other means to go to work.

The other day at walmart, I paid my groceries, as usual with the credit card, so the walmart person wanted to see my ID. I showed her my EAD, she said she cannot accept that...she wants to see my Drivers License..I said it is expired and the only legal document with a photo ID is my EAD which is issued by the federal Gov...she was not convinces but said, "aahhh!!! thats okay, I trust you." and let me go...till the end she was not convinced in her mind.
You will get your GC in 2011.
Which state are you in? Try other means of financing for the car. Sometimes the dealers themselves have options but might be a % or two higher.
There was a previous post regarding admisibility of EAD as one of the documents for DL. You might want to search for that post. I asume you dont have an H1b, right?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote