India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by enggr View Post
Hi,
What's the Maximum amount of money the parents of a h1b person can carry from US to India when they are returning after a visit on B1 visa? I heard it should be a dollar less than $10,000 per person. Somebody told me its $10,000 per party. Please answer this.
So if father & mother both are traveling back from US to India can they carry $9999 each in their hands while traveling through air? It will be $19,998 total for the party in total
While coming to US I heard you don't have to declare the money/currency you are bringing as long as they don't exceed $10,000. So if they are taking most of that money back along with some extra cash (total < 10k per person) is it safe to avoid any questions/complications with US TSA/ CBP?
Have anybody got into problems or delays?
I just want to have the right information handy just in case.
Please help by sharing the right answer. Thanks in advance
I think that the total limit is $10K for a family (not person). If I remember correctly, on entering the country, we are asked to fill only one customs form for the entire family - and it clearly states in that form that the total allowed is a max. of $10K per person.

Having said that, the following are considered to be cash (not fully inclusive):
1. Traveler's check
2. Cash
3. Checks
4. Money Order
5. Cashier's check

The following is not considered as cash:
1. Credit cards
2. Debit cards

So if you would want to send more than 10K out of the country and not want to get into any issues and also be on the safe side, it would be a good idea to pre-load a debit card and then send it with your parents.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote