India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default If staying on H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart eye View Post
I got my H1B through a petition made by the school district as a teacher. I also have filed for my 485 and currently on my 7th year of H1 (3 years extension). Do I need to apply for EAD if I am going to accept an admin position in the same school district? If yes, what will happen to my H1B?

Thank you!
If you plan to stay on H1, then you may have to file for an amendment to the current H1 and possibly file for new LCA too. I dont know how this process works, but I dont think you can continue on the same H1 if you are changing position.

If you want to use EAD, then I guess you may have to get the I-9 form updated in the HR dept of your company/school district. But please talk to a lawyer about this.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote