:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumavenkatappa View Post
U r absolutely wrong. No matter how many years u had on ur H1B, but if u switch over to EAD, ur H1B is history. It just cannot be revived. If u r so in deeply love with H1B, then u will need to reapply and fall under the regular annual quota ...
can you post a link to some website to back up that statement?

From what I know if you were counted under the H1 quota in the last 6 years, you can get off H1 go to EAD and come back to H1 without the need of a new petiton and annual quotas etc:
http://www.shusterman.com/h1bfaqaila.html
2. Is someone who obtained H-1B status three years ago, but has not been maintaining status for the past year, still subject to the quota?

If the individual was in the U.S. during all or part of that year, s/he is not subject to the quota, since AC21 section 103 amends INA section 214(g)(7) to make clear that anyone who already has been counted in the past six years would not be counted again unless eligible for another full six years. However, if the individual had spent that one year outside the U.S., under INS regulations s/he is eligible for another 6 years of H-1B status, and thus would be counted.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote