Thread: H1-B transfer
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 AM
meridiani.planum meridiani.planum is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 691
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonalP View Post
Hi,
My new employer has filed my H1 transfer last month and I got the receipt within a week. However I dont want to join the new employer unless I get the approval.
Questions:
1. What if I join new employer before approval and then after few weeks get a transfer denial from USCIS?
2. I do not have any complications in my case - proper entry and exists in US, all paystubs, W2's etc - what is the chance of denial?
3. What should I do in general - wait for approval? or join based on just the receipt?
if you are really paranoid offer to pay the $1k for premium processing. You will get the response typically within a week.
If your case has no complications and neither does hte employers, then likelyhood of denial is low.
Always safer to join only after you get the approval. that 1k for PP is worth it IMHO even if you are paying it. Peace of mind it brings is invaluable.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote