India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice
Question Transfering Social Security amount to home country Provident Fund account

The following questions are not related to Immigration process. However, they are very much related to each one of us.

All of us have paid a percentage of our salaries towards US Social Security. Having been worked for say about 5 years in USA and one wanted to go back to his/her home country (say India). What would happen to so far paid Social Security amount.

I have worked in India (paid Provident Fund) and Singapore (No Provident Fund /Social Security unless resident is a ‘Permanent Resident’ or Citizen) and USA (All most all residents have to pay Social Security).

In Singapore, if a person who is a ‘Permanent Resident’ and paying CPF (Common Provident Fund) would eligible to take his/her CPF back after surrendering the ‘Permanent Resident’ Card/Status.

In USA, I knew, we are eligible to receive Social Security after attaining a minimum of 40 points and one must be above 65 years. No matter, which part of the world we live, we are eligible to receive our amount provided if the Social Security is not bankrupted.

I heard that few other countries (in Europe) would transfer such Provident Fund/ Social Security amount to the respective individual home Provident Fund/ Social Security account, when the individual is returning for good. How true is this statement?

Is there such process exist in USA too? If not exist what should be done to initiate such process (transferring Social Security amount to the individual home Provident Fund/ Social Security account), when the individual is returning to home country for good.

Should there be any bilateral relations exists between countries to transfer Provident Fund/ Social Security amount.