India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Male or Female roles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post
I like the idea but the notion of "Male Nurse" just doesn't sit too well with me; not that there is anything wrong with it and lot of people are doing it. May be I need to get out of the tunnel and see the bigger picture.
I think female nurses is the tradition for those of us from India or similar countries - but here in the US, there are no such boundaries or norms. Often more than half the RNs on a specialty small unit are male.

You work 3 shifts a week, 12 hrs per shift. There is a huge demand for RNs to pick up overtime shifts, so another plus pay-wise.

Most facilities require only every other weekend.

You get pretty good shift differentials for working weekends, and nights.

Several hospitals also have WOW specials - work on weekends only where the pay rate is much higher than other shifts.

Finally, in order keep you in the job, hospitals offer a variety of bonus packages - sign on bonus, quarterly bonuses, and even referral bonuses!

Plus, you get the perks of improved healthcare!!
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote