India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future
Default The answer is NO

Here are somethings you need to understand. Who is applying for green card as primary you or your wife. The reason is the dependent person's qualification does not matter in GC. So even if your wife a PhD in Science with lots of patents to her name and she is filed as dependent on your GC which is EB3 (based on job requirement & your qualification) she is counted as EB3. But if your wife gets a job where her employer files her as EB1 you will automatically be added to EB1 ( as dependent on her application). I guess your confusion is based on GC criteria used by Canada & Australia where they award points based on qualifications of both spouses. In USA it is not the case. I hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanwalekr View Post
Hi All,

I heard that applicant can file EB2 directly(skip EB3) if your spouse has master degree, is that true?

Thanks for your answer/reply.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote