Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks to all who sued USCIS

"The delays in security checks have generated lawsuits against the USCIS and the FBI. The FBI Office of the General Counsel reports that since 2005 more than 6,000 writs of mandamus have been filed by applicants and petitioners in federal courts compelling USCIS to grant or deny benefits without delay.I5 In 2007, a series of class action lawsuits were initiated on behalf of naturalization applicants. The petitions claim that adjudication delays caused by FBI backlogs and alleged mishandling of the security check process violate the Administrative Procedure Act and the Fifth Amendment Due Process Clause of the U.S. Constitution. In addition, some judges have threatened to use their authority to adjudicate applications or petitions.
To address the delays, in September 2007 the FBI and USCIS entered into an agreement to filter out certain FBI case files in an effort to decrease the volume of files reviewed for USCIS name checks and to speed up the name check process."