India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pay

I dont know about other IT like SAP etc, but software and hardware majors like Microsoft, Intel , Cisco, Yahoo, Google are facing tremendous shortage of skilled labor. For eg:

My wife recently graduated in CS. At the career fair, if the companies declared they wanted to get resumes only from Citizens and GC holders, their booths were empty and were waiting for people to turn up to them. If they allowed F1 students, there used to be a big queue and even the citizens were happy to be part of the queue. Bottomline is in addition to skills its also company culture. Companies that dont discriminate by visa types grow faster and have better work cultures.

Also in a graduating class of 100 people, there were barely 5-6 white or african american citizens, 5-6 Iranians, 5-6 others, rest were Indians and chinese in ratio of 60 to 40 pecent.

When it comes to PhDs there were suprisingly again higher number of US citizens and chinese but very few indians which led me to think that americans go for higher education in very small numbers or their number is small in graduate school but they go all the way up and complete PhD. Where as most Indians and chinese drop out after MS which is good but not really innovative research.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote