View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2006, 10:06 AM
dan19 dan19 is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
I140 Mailed Date
Processing Stage
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 181
dan19 is on a distinguished road
Default In person

You should apply in person.
There will be a short interview - basic questions like why you are going etc..

They most probably will not grant multiple entries. Single entry is approved for 6 months. But since you are going for H1 stamping, they will reduce the length of stay to a week at the port of entry.

One more thing to remember: In many cases, I have heard that the Embassy/Consulate asks for a letter from employer granting you leave to visit Canada for stamping.

Originally Posted by thakurrajiv
I got my 3 yrs H1 extension approved. I have appointment in Montreal on Oct 19th for US visa stamping.
My question is related to Canada visitor visa.
1. Do I and my wife physically need to go for canadian visitor visa ?
2. Can my friend submit our application and then collect the passport after visa stamp ?

3. I am planning to apply for multiple entry visa. Any ideas on the duration for which they will approve visa ?

I will really appreciate your experience sharing. Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote