India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

You leaving the company was not a surprise to them based on your explanation. To me, the 90-day notice period looks exorbitantly long. Did you have any accumulated vacation time in USA while you were leaving? Some of that time could be counted against the notice period. The longest notice period I have seen in this country is 45 days. Most companies have only 15 days.

Please explain this issue to your ex-client and tell them how your ex-company is coming after you. Maintaining their image in front of a client is the most important to a consulting company. If the client feels your ex-company is behaving inappropriately with you, they are least likely to get contnued business from the client.

Get experience letter from one of your ex-colleagues or even one of the ex-clients. That should do for I-140 filing.

Ask for help from DOL regarding legality of the 90-day period and consequent damages the company is demanding from you. If your family issues are legitimate, your ex-company must have given you unpaid leave for 12 weeks under FMLA. Consider suing the ex-company for violating the federal law.
Did you maintain copies of the e-mail? Are they on the ex-company's e-mail server?

Contact local state bar association and see if any one could offer assistance as well.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote