:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2606 View Post
One thing, assume if it works out and 50% of the people are able to buy houses and get the GC, they are out of the queue right, so automatically the back logs are gone and the remaining people not able to buy the house will get their GCs soon.
You are missing the point of the opposition. What is the fairness in this visa category? Every other category has US benefiting (not short term, but in long term) from us, except this proposed category. Do you think paying 20% down will benefit US enough that they drop every thing and grant you the GC??

Also, how do you define this 20%? A 20% down in CA will get your 5 homes in Alaskan tundra (ok exaggerating, but not by much). This proposal basically comes down to haves and have nots. By expending time on such misguided legislation, you are not only making the immigrants look like cheap opportunistic ****, but also giving enough fodder for the anti-immigrants that we are only looking for our GC without any tangible long term benefit for US (I could pay 20% down, get my GC, and then become a burden on the state).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote