:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute gcinprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-r-ten View Post
Hi all,
My wife's DL expires in Jan 2009 (i.e the visa stamped date). I will get new I797 from my employer for next 3 years as i am just 3yrs into my H1B. Will the DMV accept this I797 for DL renewal or do we need to get her H4 stamped from outside US?

The issue is just with my wife's DL, i have my DL till 2011 as back in 2005 they use to give for entire 6yrs (H1B) period.

Any knowledgable members/first hand exp members please reply back.
Appreciate all help from IVians.

Thanks.
My wife also had a case similar to yours and her I797 was accepted for the purpose of a DL. You don't need to get the H4 stamped. However, make sure you are carrying your passport and I94 forms with you apart from the I-797 form, of course.

Last edited by gcinprogress; 10-22-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote