Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts dionysus is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathweb View Post
Let us all think for a second. Say USCIS audits all cases and finds 10K of them are fraud, I really doubt that there will be that many.
And I believe the number will turn out to be much higher. As far as I know, and I have too many acquaintances working in desi consulting companies so I know quite well, that almost half of the labor substitutions done in that month were frauds. These guys were selling labors at discounted prices because the deadline to ban substitutions was fast approaching. It was a real bhaji-mandi (vegetable market) in those days.

The very fact that dates have gotten severely retrogressed is because so many 485 applications were filed along with a substitute labor. Before this fiasco the dates were slowly but steadily moving forward. This itself proves that the number of substituted labors is much higher than you think.

Quote:
1. How much time USCIS would have spent auditing all those cases. The net result: more delays and more pain for every one.

2. Most of them who got revoked are going to appeal. Again more delays and more pain for everyone.

I don't think delays are being caused in the processing of applications. Delays are occurring because CIS simply does not have visa numbers to distribute. So many applications are being pre-adjudicated and approved in advance, but they are waiting in the queue to be officially given a GC.

Quote:
3. Already the opponents of immigration bills have lot of weapons, this will be a big ammo to their list.
Even if it does, what's wrong in that? What's wrong in weeding out fraudsters from the genuine hard working folks? At least it will make CIS to sit up and take notice of the fraud being perpetuated by unethical companies.

Quote:
Labor Substitution is past, its over, just move on. You are trying to fight the battle that you already won. Misuse of substution is the reason why USCIS banned the substitution. What do you want now?
The battle was not won, it was lost! Labor substitutions were banned when there were no more pre-approved labors left to be substituted! Remember, the dates were full "C" in July 2007 window. Any labor, with any priority date, was available on sale. Do you think any labor went unsold?

Quote:
Again, if they check thoroughly, there is a possibility that 90% of us don't get our green card.
Really! For one, I have nothing to hide. CIS can audit all my applications as much as it wants. And I am sure most GC applicants fall in my category rather than in the category of frauds. You underestimate the honest guys.

Last edited by dionysus; 01-10-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote