:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark_m View Post
Hi
I'v used remit2india services for more than 5 years...transferring money every now and then. In the last year I transferred 15000USD, in december they started askine me for a scanned copy of my US social card, and have suspended my account till I provide that to them....I am sceptical. I provided my ssn to them when they initially wanteed to verify my account 5 years back,why would they want it again, and this time a scanned copy? Is it legally safe for me to give this to them? Can they even ask for this?

Thanks,
Above $10,000 in any case is supposed to be reoprted to US Treasury. I think, for transactions amounting to above that Indian counterparts need SSN. I have been hearing for quite some time (don't have URL to substentiate it). When you transferred $15,000, they might not be aware of US pressure, but now trying to chase you.

In the interest of security against terrorism, you should close this issue gracefully. I am not sure by sending a copy of SSN, or just telling your SSN. You know in India, some time photocopies are also not enough - it needs to be attested.

Trying to convince them by telling SSN on phone. Otherwise if it is their genuine request to know your SSN and you don't close this issue, there will be always RED flag against you until resolved.

Last edited by Dhundhun; 01-12-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote