India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough

Got another one in my Inbox...

A Global Investment Bank located in New York, NY has an immediate Full time opportunity for an experienced C++ Developer
Must have a Master Degree in IT and no more than 6 years of professional experience!

Position
We are looking to recruit a mid-level developer for the Puma pricing system. The candidate must be a very strong C++ developer. Ideally the candidate will have experience of distributed server-side systems. Candidates should have good numerical skills and an interest in financial analytics.

We are looking to recruit a permanent member of staff.

Description of the project and team

Puma is a server-based pricing system for flow interest rate products. It runs as a distributed set of components over a number of servers in order to price these products as fast as possible. It has a front-end used by traders to view prices, control quotes and send orders to the markets.

The code is currently written in C++ including the front-end which uses MFC. We will be migrating parts of the system including the front-end to C# over the coming year.

The use of the system is growing rapidly across product types and geographical locations. Puma currently prices EUR, GBP and USD products, with recent developments for pricing credit instruments and CDS, mortgage products and TIPS.

The Puma team has 6 developers in London, with an additional team working on Credit development, and two based in New York. We are looking to recruit another developer for the New York team. As it is a small team, the role will encompass all aspects of Puma development. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the project, and working in a small team makes the work of all team members highly visible. Candidates must be happy with the higher degree of responsibility that working in a small team brings. The role involves a certain amount of the support of the system. Candidates must be comfortable in a front-office environment, dealing with traders.

The key skill needed is very solid C++. This must include being familiar and comfortable with creating and using templates. Highly desirable skills include experience of developing distributed server-side systems.

Knowledge of financial analytics, particularly for bonds and swaps would be highly desirable but is not necessary. Experience with Excel would also be desirable.

The ideal candidate will have excellent personal and communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure, and both alone and with other developers.

Skills
`Must have` skills are:
- Excellent C++ programmer, including creation of templates

Highly desirable skills include:
-- C#
- Strong analytic skills and ability to prototype in Excel

Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of financial products and pricing: particularly bonds and swaps.
- Familiarity with electronic markets
- Experience of distributed server-side systems
- Experience of real-time systems
- SQL

If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send me an e-mail and please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you.

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote