:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light 2008FebEb2 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan View Post
Wow! This is a great finding! I've read that page, but never noticed the Secretary of DHS specifically mentioned Pre-Application of AOS. Now that they do have this in their mind, can we start working on that? I'd love share to share a few thoughts I have on it:
From the lessons we learnt from the past, the most important thing for this admin fix to fly is comprimise: there must be kind of restriction for the pre-application AOS. A few examples I could think of are:
- The person has been in the country LEGALLY for more than a number of years, OR
- The PD are more than a certain number years old, OR
- I-140 has been approved, OR
- Must have MS or higher for a US college (just for argument's sake, please don't flame me).

The key is to not allow everyone to file pre-application or it'll be drown in a media storm and draw backfires. Yet it gives you a certain promise that you'll be able to file pre-application once you are here for a certain period of time, so everyone has hope and those who has suffered more would have an almost certain chance to do so.

IV core, should we work on this? This is the first time we see pre-application of AOS appears in official file and I believe it's a great opportunity.
I completely agree with you. Especially with the last 2 points.

People who have been legally working in USA for a certain number of years with I140's cleared should be allowed to file for AOS.

This could give us the much needed EAD's and we will have some flexibility with our lives.
I-140 Filed - 5/13/2008
I-140 Approved - 7/28/2008
I-485 -

Came in Aug 2000 for MS. Its been 8 Long years.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote