:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
After the last report, we have now received conflicting information about the removal of anti legal skilled immigration provision from bill H.R.1. We have received unconfirmed information that anti legal skilled immigration provision to ban H1B/L-1 for TARP funded companies may have been in the H.R.1.

We are in the process of verifying this information which is unconfirmed at this time. We will post updates as soon as we are able to share further information. Please standby.

Immigration Voice Team
Looks like H-1B provision is going to be there in the bill.
This is from the conf. report filed by house and is likely to pass.

Title:
"CONFERENCE REPORT ON H.R. 1, AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT OF 2009 -- (House of Representatives - February 12, 2009)"

Section 1611 provides that it shall be unlawful for any recipient of funding of Title I of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 or section 13 of the Federal Reserve Act to hire any nonimmigrant described in section 101(a)(15)(h)(i)(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act unless the recipient is in compliance with the requirements for an.H-1B dependent employer as defined in that Act. This requirement is effective for a two-year period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act.

The above provision has conference agreement.

The same conf. report says e-verify is dropped

The conference agreement does not include the following provisions proposed by the House: requirements for timely award of grants; use it or lose it requirements for grantees; set-asides for management and oversight; as these issues' have been addressed, in certain circumstances, within the appropriate appropriating paragraphs. In addition, the conference agreement does not include the following provisions proposed by the House: requirements regarding funding for the State of Illinois; and requirements for participation in E-Verify.

H-1B restriction is almost certain to survive the final vote.

More here (look for HR.1)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote