:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb123 View Post
This radical idea will end retrogression radically. This concept is little tough for people who have no knowledge of country quota to understand.

1. There is a bill in the house now

HR 264 Introduced to Congress
Section A - It will grant GC to people with > 5 years in US
Section B - For EB skilled immigration for people with <5 years in US, it makes LC process more difficult.

2. We must encourage this bill with some amendments. Section A which automatically gives green card to people > 5 years in US should be ELIMINATED. Section B should remain.

3. This causes a reduction in I-485's and CP's because you need to be resident in United States for a minimum of 5 years to apply for Labor. Then EB1 and EB2 ROW people would not be able to apply for I-140 and I-485 automatically.

4. In the last quarter of every year the leftover visas(EB1 and EB2 ROW people will not be able to apply for labor->I-140+I-485 until they stayed in US for 5 years) will be spilled to EB 2 and EB 3 India and China. EB3 ROW, India and China visa retrogression issue will be solved because we will have spillovers for atleast 5 years. This bill is not against ROW people. EB3 ROW people will benefit immensely as there will be no more retrogression for EB3 people.

5. The restrictionists will be happy because nobody can start the green card process without staying in US for atleast 5 years (F1 + h1, j1 + h1, f1 only, j1 only, h1 only statuses)

So, we should support HR 264 bill with a few amendments if possible.
I think this is a good one. It supports legal immigrants.
I dont agreee with you. 5 years legally is lots of time. And I now know people who are 10-15 years here. You may say the same tthing even in that case. Instead learn to rationalize and make sure if one thinks one is eligible, then see how one can get included.crab behavior, the one at bottom pulls down the one thats climbing up. Finally both end at dinner table.

Last edited by suriajay12; 02-19-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote