India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
Hi there,

I got my GC last year for me and my family. Currently my family is in India for the past 6 months and they want to extend for another couple of months. Would that be a problem for her when she enters US? She would have spent about 8 months by then.

Is there any rule that, one must not stay for more than 6 months abroad?
Please let me know if you know any such rules...in the mean time I am also 'googleing' a lot to find out...so far not able to get any concrete information.

Thanks!!!
If they want to stay away more than 6 months, they may be questioned and may let go (may be sent to secondary inspection to provide necessary justification for staying beyond 6 months). If such occurrence happened again, then it may be difficult to entry to US.

If you know in advance, apply for a re-entry permit that can provide you 2 years to be away from the country but will break the continuous residency rule. Any previous time stayed in US will not be considered, if you use re-entry permit.

Thanks