India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile File it

I agree that they don't file for GC in EB2 unless you are a senior manager with better than good rating (internal benchmark) and have been working for Deloitte for more than 4 years.

In your situation, I would suggest that if you are getting good package / opportunity then take it. File for EB3, once your 140 is approved, your priority date gets locked and then you can use (port) that for EB2 when you get an opportunity that supports EB2 filing (within or outside of Deloitte). That way you can get the priority date (which is most important in the entire GC process), get 140 approved so you can continue extending H-1B in 3 years increments, get good experience, enrich your resume and take it from there in 2-3 years.

One another opportunity is they have a major operation in India, having 15,000 people working for them. If you are eligible (on performance basis) you can transfer there or any part of the world for a year or so, come back on L-1A and they will file under EB-1. One of my colleague just got his green card under EB-1 in February. He is from India.

I would suggest, in current situation, you file for EB2 or EB3 you won't be able to get green card in near future anyway. So take what you are offered (assuming its a good offer).

I am working for Deloitte and I know many people filed for their green cards in various different category including EB-1 as I noted above.

Hope this is helpful.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.