India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_pathuri View Post
I don't think he meant that Infosys people should not get GC. He is complaining about the multinational manager criteria of EB1 in which people are filing. Many people from India comes here on L1A with manager in their title. Even though their job responsibilities include testing or something like that, which typically won't be performed by a manager, they are eligible for filing under EB1 category. Strictly going by job responsibility they may not be eligible for EB1. As they consume EB1 visas, there won't be any spill overs for EB2.

Even though I am happy for those guys as they don't need to go through the same trouble we are going through, it may ultimately cause problems for genuine EB1 candidates in the future and to better qualified EB2 people because of no spill over.
While I agree that EB1 Managerial is sometimes abused (I myself saw a case) but are there not any abuse in EB2 ? Half the folks working for Desi Consulting companies file EB2 with "made up" job responsibility .

As for tester, after working for years in this industry covering almost all areas from Developer to Prod Support to Business Analyst to Project Manager , I would never undermine the role of a good tester. In my team, I would any time prefer a good tester than a bad developer. All those developers who think they are much superior --- remember you can put the testers out of job if you are "that" good. Have you been able to do that ?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.