India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
Hmmm..first of all thanks for disliking the post, that's a great achievement.

Infosys has filed GC of 5 testers (We give them the scripts and they perform those steps as told from 8am to 5pm). One of those guys is a "Senior Project Manager" with 7 years of experience...all others are "Project Managers" with lesser experience.

Using designation and not responsibilities as a GC criteria is gross misuse of EB1-C. I thought that only people with "Policy making ability" qualify but here Infosys files for analysts and testers in the guise of Project Managers.

Tomorrow someone will open a testing company and have 3 employees - CEO, COO and CTO all doing testing and getting GC's in 5 months while other wait.
First, I have no clue what you mean by disliking the post. If you are talking about the Red/Green dots, I don't use those (and don't care).

Second, I agree there is abuse of EB1-C . But is there not abuse of EB2 ? Those working as Java developers through Desi Consulting companies show that the job requires MS ..... in US , even a Associate degree holder becomes Java developer.

Coming to "testers" .... if it is that useless a job why do you need to "give them a script" . You are a great developer and you know your code has 0 bugs . Put it straight into Production !

Seriously, after working for years in this industry, I think a good tester is vital for an organization. And normally testers do not just perform the steps as told --- it is more than that . They do write test cases after analysing the requirements; they do raise questions on bad or missing requirements ; they do automation ; and a whole lot more.

A developer writing his own test cases is a recepie for disaster because you will look it through only your eyes and sure miss some vital scenarios.

In my team , there are testers whom I value more than some of the developers.