India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute

I think testing as a profession cant qualify to be at the same creative level as software development. Many of the software startups in silicon valley, start with a couple of developers working on idea. They code as well as write their own test cases. (I meant automated test cases). In cases of UI testing, the tools are not yet perfect, hence many UI testers are hired just to do manual testing. Even the requirements needed for Testers are not as stringent as software developers. I learnt that Google's Larry page hated the concept of hiring professional testers until he was convinced that software developers can spend their time better coding than do manual testing.

Now, this is not to degrade testing as a profession, but testing doesnt give you the creative possibilities that development can offer. It is a whole another topic, where one is capable of coding "well". Bad coders infact are more harmful than bad testers, because their impact is much worse.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.