India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Feeds View Post
H.R. 2536 has been introduced in the House by Congressman Robert Wexler. This is the first step in what will be a very tough process. The bill's text has not yet been released, but it is going to be highly similar to H.R. 5924, introduced last year. The bill would allocate 20,000 additional green cards per year for three years for nurses and physical therapists. Spouses and children will get green cards and will not be included in the 20,000 figure. Employer petitioners will pay a $1500 fee in addition to regular green card fees. The fee will support nurse...

More...
I always believed H1Bs are orphans with no political lobby. You see bills to ease GC of family based , children of illegal (Dream Act), Nurses but nothing for H1Bs.

Why ? H1B are too small in number. Industry likes, loves the current H1B labor and actually doesn't want GC for them. Lawyers want more fees from EAD etc. \
Also H1B are willing to come to work in spite of the abuses.

Only one that I logically feel MIGHT be possible...GC for STEM. Why? because foreign students might reduce and there is another powerful lobby group of Universities for
their cause.