India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayax View Post
Folks - I know this post will create some excitement.
Background – PD June 4, 2007, I-485 filed in early Oct, RFE late Feb (Birth Certificate missing or misplaced by USCUS), response to RFE recd by USCIS on Mar 9th. Initiated a SR on May 12th for myself by making the argument that RFE response period was over and when wife called the officer would not take the SR.
Recently moved within the town changed the address in USCIS system and got acknowledgement from USCIS in writing.
Today – Got an email from USCIS about case status update post undeliverable can affect processing time. Contacted USCIS asking why this message was sent, response from representative was that complaint cannot be logged as a SR is pending, wait till June 15. Called attorney they updated the address once more via USCIS website and said they would call USCIS. At noon time got email card production ordered for self, but no email for my wife if the case was approved or not.
Called USCIS again asking what the status is for my wife’s case, response of the representative was that the case is not yet beyond processing time….. words cannot describe what I felt like or wanted to say…. Took a deep breath and asked for the supervisor. The supervisor apologized for the first rep and created a SR for the wife’s case. Not sure if she will get her green card before October.
Should I trust the email that I got noon time saying card in production??? How is it possible if no visa is available for EB2-India?
Moral of the story as you all know USCIS and State Department are not to be believed, if case is current as per the documentation keep trying and do not go by hearsay or what USCIS/State Dept say till it is in writing.

Will update if I get the card in mail …. If it is sent to the right address etc…..saga may be over or to be continued….
akshayax thanks for sharing your case with us. I hope both you and your wife received your cards. The timing around your RFE response was way too close to the actual numbers running out, my own timelines were just 7 days before yours. When you filed AR-11 online did you also choose to update the address on your pending petitions? Unless that is done explicitly and separately the address on them would not get updated. Loss of BC has been a very common RFE around that time. I think you are green for sure because you received the CPO mail, there have been instances in the past when people have received CPO mails even after the dates have been current because the cap numbers for them were requested for when their dates were current. I hope though that both you and your wife are approved as normally they approve the dependents.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote