India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future prabasiodia has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Please quote the law or internal memo that says you have to stay 6 months with the employer after getting greencard. No lawyer interpretations please. Show proof. . . .
From some memos that has been released from USCIS in past, it's clear that:

1) You need to have the intent to work for your future company at the time of filing "Adjustment of Status" application
2) You need to have the intent to work for your future/current company at the time of adjudication of "Adjustment of Status" application

Those are the exact same reason why AC-21 employer change is not allowed immediately after filing or immediately before or during adjudication. Other than that, the laws/memos are vague and the interpretations are everywhere on a whole wide spectrum.

1st Port of Entry Date: Jun 1999 (On H1B ever since)
1st Priority Date: 2001 (EB3-RIR-India, Labor approved in 2003 but abandoned)
2nd Priority Date: 11/01/2005 (EB2-PERM-India)
Greencard Approved: 08/03/2010

Help IV to help yourself.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote