:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute zmbharmal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reaching out to the Indian community in your neighbourhood.

So, I finally did the Desi Community OutReach at the local adjacent Park on 17th July in Dallas, Texas. Though it is called Jefferson Park, in the Desi community it is referred to as "Gandhi" Park.
Am sharing this info so that all of us can do this in your local park if you do have a large Indian community out there or in your home if you can gather 20 people.

I just gathered people and said that I was going to talk about the long wait for Green Card and if you are born in India, you are pretty much hosed. I did not use the word screwed. I explained the numbers, waiting time, the quota and why the current system is discriminatory.

=> The number of people that actively listened was about 40.
=> Number of fliers distributed 320 (four times 80).
=> Number of people out there in the park must have been about 150 including many Seniors on tourist visa ( When I see someone's parents in Jefferson Park, most likely, it must be time for baby due :-) )

Things done:
1) Had four fliers and I am glad I chose different colored paper for each. It cose only one cent extra per copy to choose Yellow and Orange papers but it made tons of a difeerence while distributing. It was so easy to see the colors.
2) Had three other friends come to the park to help distribute the flier
3) Did not make a whole set of four fliers. Instead asked my friends to go and distribute each one seprately so that we get more interaction with the public.

Tips:
Please try to have some microphone and loudspeaker.
If the park has wind blowing, then it will be hard to remain audible
Have some DC attendees of your city to help you out.
I had smaller group conversations after my main speech.

This was an attempt to reach out to the grass root level. Please do the same in your city.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.