:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak2010 View Post
Hello everyone,
As my post implies..I am new to EAD/Ap renewal issues.I have the combo card and this will be my first renewal. My lawyer is asking me 500$( for both) to do the paperwork for me and my wife.I am a health care professional. My H1 and GC all being done by the same Practice. I am still working in the same practice. Haven't used EAD yet. Still on H1. EAD due for renewal in April 2013.
My question is:
Is it something fairly simple that I can do it myself?
Could you please advice and direct me appropriately.
Thanks
D
1. Google "USCIS e-filing" and land in the appropriate uscis web site
2. Create an account for you
3. Then read carefully and file I-765 application for you. As it is your first time filing, you need to be more catious while entering information.
4. The "Middle Name" text box is a kind of confusing, but just put two spaces if you don't have a middle name, so the form won't complain
5. At the end Watch Out for a check box "Mailing additional documents", make sure that you check that. (not sure which page it comes)
6. Select 9 (c) Adjustment of Status on the eligibility category and put your USCIS Receipt number for I-485
7. After you certify the form, you can pay thru credit card online
8. Save the confirmation pdf file
9. Print the first page of the confirmation file, attach additional documents (copies of I-485 receipt, I-140 receipt, Driver license, H1B visa, passport pages etc), add a cover letter, mention your I-485 number and some message saying you are applying EAD based on your pending adjustment of status etc.
10. Mail the documents + 2 photos of you + your cover letter on top + USCIS confirmation page ON TOP of everything to the address mentioned in the USCIS confirmation page

If you want to apply AP, there is a check box appearing in one of those pages "do you want to apply AP?", check that and it will continue to display forms for that. OR you can redo the whole process for AP once again.

If you are sending EAD + AP applications you need to send 4 photographs.

Note: You did not mention I-485 date, but saying I-140 processing. So I am not sure how you got your EAD....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote