India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default My thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
eb3retro, how do you feel now about your decision on r2i? Adjusted well? Job?
Pretty Happy, happy, as usual, not okay, bad?
Before I answer your question, I will tell you that this depends on case by case basis and in my case I am very happy that I moved because, I am able to go forward in my career though I am lacking a few years that I lost in US. You know how it works in India, people go up the ladder much faster and much quicker out of the technical world. I wanted to be in the management side and my MBA and PMP are definitely been put into use here. Family wise all are happy including me. All in all after 2 years, we do not regret the decision.

Are there few things that we miss from US, definitely yes, but what we were very careful is to not to bring US along with us to India. We knew that will be a disaster and we may come back again. We kept our expectations low and so there were no surprises. So, as I said its case to case basis and it all depends on what your expectations are.

All the best!!!
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote