Thread: H1 to F1
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 AM
PriyaSol PriyaSol is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
I140 Mailed Date
Processing Stage
I485 Mailed Date
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
PriyaSol is on a distinguished road
Default H1 to F1

Im on H1-b visa (living in US for 3.7 yrs - working for 2.8 yrs). I may need to take a break for a while, will be on h4 if I quit my job. During my break I would like to do masters. Im confused whether to do masters on h4 or f1.

My questions is

1.Whether I will be eligible for in-state tuition fee on F1 (I live in the same state for 3.7 yrs my job requires more travel I use to travel back and forth mon-thurs I have stayed in different locations but never lived there no relocation)

2.I wanted to continue my job after my break whether I can utilize my current H1b and get cap exemption (1.7 yrs on H1b Still have 4.3 yrs for 6yrs total)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote