India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying back relocation assistance to employer upon termination

I am posting this question on behalf of my friend since he didn't get the email to activate his account yet and his query is urgent.

Thank you

His question below..

I got my H-1B while I was in India. My employer made me sign an agreement (while I was in India) that if I leave the company before 2 years I will have to pay back 14K worth of relocation assistance (includes air tickets from India for my family, hotel expenses, per diem and car rental). I have an opportunity from another company and want to know if I am legally bounded to pay back the 14K? If yes then am I bound to also pay for the airfare he paid for me to get me to US from India
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote