India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Question 1:
I see the following Action items at Executive Actions on Immigration | USCIS under
(4) Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant programs to grow our economy and create jobs. What is the meaning of each of these bullet points:
a.) Work with the Department of State to develop a method to allocate immigrant visas to ensure that all immigrant visas authorized by Congress are issued to eligible individuals when there is sufficient demand for such visas.
b.) Work with the Department of State to modify the Visa Bulletin system to more simply and reliably make determinations of visa availability.
c.) Provide clarity on adjustment portability to remove unnecessary restrictions on natural career progression and general job mobility to provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.

Answer 1:

"Question 1 (a.)" means to work on fixing the system so no visa number is wasted IN THE FUTURE. This is NOT related to recapture of unused green cards from the previous years.

"Question 1 (b.)" means streamlining of Visa Bulletin so demand and available visas are calculated more accurately. such the visas are not wasted in the future.

"Question 1 (c.)" This is related to Immigration Voice provision for clarity with 'Same or Similar occupation clarification'. This fix will allow changing employer and jobs so that you will not longer have to stick with the same job title for decades (as under the earlier system). This fix is extremely important as it will give us job mobility and change job titles and employers as long as we are in the "same or similar occupation classification" meaning for example - if your green card petition was filed as "Programmer Analyst", with EAD you will now be able to change job to "Senior Programmer", "Manager", "Vice President" or whatever in your field. In short this means freedom to do the type of work you are potentially capable of doing and not be restricted by some artificial or arcane provision that was being used by large number of employers to game the system and for employee retention. This fix will allow you to live a free professional life.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-23-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote