India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
Dear Aman
Thank you very much for starting this thread for clarifications on EO.
Can you please confirm whether item (8) of your e-mail on Update on Administrative Fixes has a provision in the EO.
ie Grant automatic extensions for 240 days of Work Authorization and Advance Parole if extension was filed prior to expiry of Work Authorization or Advance Parole.

This would be very great beneficial for EB guys stuck in backlog.

Thanks in Advance.
Thanks for asking this question. This specific provision is very important for us because unless Congress passes a bill soon, a lot of us will depend on EAD and AP for sometime. Which is why, automatic extensions of EAD and AP is so vital for us.

At this time we believe that the Executive Order does not include this specific provisions. However, after the Executive order, there will be one large or many small "Presidential Memorandum(s)" will be issued. Many of the smaller fixes will be done in Presidential Memorandum or PM as you will start hearing about this term soon.

But again, this won't happen automatically or posting messages online or on twitter or FB. And worst of all, DO NOT waste your time creating petition or voting on change.org if you cannot get 100,000 signatures because that makes our issue look week. So do not sign or encourage change.org petition. And if we did not already say enough -

PLEASE STOP WASTING TIME ON IMMIGRATION FORUMS OR POSTING LINKS TO NEWS ARTICLES BECAUSE MOST OF THESE ARTICLES ARE PLANTED BY SPECIAL INTEREST

Rather invest time in actual advocacy, meeting with local office of your Senators and House member. It is very easy. Just search for their phone number online and call their office to setup an appointment. And please participate in IV Advocacy event in DC. We are planning for an advocacy event in DC in February. Will share more details in the coming days and weeks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote