:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
It has different purpose.

EAD for H-4 has been in the works since beginning of 2014. This is specifically for spouse.

EAD after I-140 is aimed at giving job mobility for primary applicant. Although spouse can also get EAD after the approval of I-140 of primary applicant. Also, after I-140, primary applicants and spouse and dependents will get AP as well.

Not sure on this. Will ask DHS about this question although it is unlikely to make any change take effect retroactively.

Yes, we had proposed EAD and AP after I-140. Still need to look for final language for this fix. We are told that this has been taken care, both EAD + AP, but need to see the official language.

No, after getting EAD, one is not required to maintain H1 status. Yes, the GC application and status will not be affected even if you use EAD or AP after I-140. The fix will allow you to change employer using EAD after I-140 and file I-485 from another employer.
Thanks for clarification and for all the hard work IV core has put into this effort. Kudos!

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote