India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarang View Post
Currently one has to wait six months to change employers after filing AOS. Do you think that wait will go away in future pre-registration process?

Thanks,
Tarang

Couple of things - Early filing/Pre-registration/Filing AOS after I-140 approval are labels to the same fix which allows an applicant to file for I-485 immediately after approval of I-140.

The wait of 6 months after filing AOS will stay as it is codified in the law. But under the new system one might be able to apply for EAD and AP immediately after approval of I-140 and change employer after getting EAD. We will clarify the timing soon.

Thanks for asking this question. This is good. We will create a list of all the questions and ask the right folks to get you more accurate response so you could better prepare for your future.

Keep positing similar and relevant questions.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote