India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshitij View Post
The Senate GOP is naming its two most anti-immigrant members to run its immigration subcommittee - Vox

Sen. Jeff Sessions (as chair) and Sen. David Vitter (as vice-chair) head the subcommittee on immigration in the Senate Judiciary committee. Both are staunch legal immigration and high-skilled immigration opponents.

Is this Sen. Grassley stall of HR 3012 redux?
It is easy to dismiss everything because someone or the other will always be opposing every bill. We have to keep working diligently to find ways in which the political climate is right to get our bill pass through Congress. None of these Senators have policy level opposition to removal of per-country limits. Their opposition was based on political view of overall immigration, their opposition was not over the policy matter on removal of per country limits. So it has to have a political solution and political landscape is dynamic as it keeps shifting. If we keep pushing for our bill, with shifting political landscape there is always a possibility that the window of opportunity could open. We just have to be ready and be on lookout for such opportunity. Who knows, maybe one of these Senators might decide to support or rather sponsor bill to remove per country limits.

One cannot overcome political hurdles with policy arguments. At the same time, one cannot sit back and wait for all the political problems in the world to resolve before starting to work on any bill. For if we do, then we might as well wait for 1000 years and will still not have political problems settle down by itself. Every issue or bill has political hurdles. We just have to find ways to overcome without having a fatalistic outlook. The chances of overcoming these hurdles increase each time we attempt to push for the bill. That’s just a statistical fact.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-07-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote