:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Just signed up for another $30/month [S-1MF23188CA311660J] in addition to my ongoing $100/month [S-39R79170DJ726690J] subscription.

I noticed the donation graphic was pretty cool - it does update in realtime - it picked up my $30 as soon as I refreshed the page after the confirmation was complete.

I view my donation as an oppressive "tax" on me that I have to pay in order to live with myself - because if I don't do everything I can to fight back against this shitty system - I might as well just go home.

Ever since I became active with IV, around 2 years ago, it was clear to me that the companies and lawyers want to keep us as indentured servants for most of what remains of our natural lives. What has changed is it has become obvious to me that if we don't start spending money proactively and intelligently, we are just inviting companies to fuck our initiatives again and again regardless of how hard we work.

During the last call, we spoke about the transportation bill. To recap the conversation, we proposed raising the Employment Based Green Card fee by $1000 and add HR.213 to the transportation bill. This would have raised 1.4 billion in 10 years to pay for the roads and also get HR.213 done. To me and many of the staffers we spoke to about this - it was a no-brainer. The bill is enormously popular - it passed 389-15 in the 112th Congress and it would have raised desperately needed money to pay for transportation - money that the Republican's were desperate for because they don't want to raise taxes. But ultimately, it didn't get done. I am convinced, if we had hired the right lobbying firm with the right relationship at a strategic time, this would have been a done deal.

We are doing all the important ground work at the grass-roots, we are doing our part in raising awareness - everyone knows about us and our issues - but something very specific and obvious is holding us back - we are not spending money.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 01-12-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote