:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Letter sent to Chidanand and editor

<EDIT>
added hyperlink to Enquiro Report
</EDIT>

Chidanand Rajaghatta is a guy who spends time in different countries and writes about his travails. Obviously, he's not completely educated on this, and I guess may be we could take this opportunity to make him and TOI aware of our efforts.

I have sent out the following email.(between asteriskes). I'll post any responses I may(will I?) receive.

Dear Mr. Rajaghatta, and Editor,

I have been a consistent reader of your articles on your travels the world over. The headline for your latest article seemed a little sensational to me, without any mention of the word "Illegal".

The NRI community(read "legal immigrants" and "legal immigrant applicants") are aware of the new Guest Worker program proposed by Mr. George Bush, but it doesn't really affect the Indian diaspora at all, because majority of us are in the US legally.

The article seemed out of context and irrelevant in a esteemed publication such as TOI. Why don't you instead write about current issues that are plaguing the NRI community? Those would be directly relevant to the concerns of affected NRIs and would draw more readers to you.

I have recently concluded a research paper(as part of my Masters program) on the inefficiencies of the US Immigration system, and its impact on applicants, especially from countries such as India and China. The outdated workflows and holes in the Immigration system have led to endless waits and affected many immigration applicants, thereby impacting US economy in terms of tax dollars, jobs lost to overseas(outsourcing), and subsequently, loss of precious foreign exchange to the home countries of these applicants.

Applicants are forced to spend precious time and effort in speculating and predicting the outcome of their immigration benefits. As per a Internet search engine study, (See Enquiro Search Engine Report, Aug 2005 http://www.enquiro.com/net-profit/Murthy-vs-Goliath.asp ), it is the website of a US Immigration Lawyer (across all practices) that gets the most eyeballs(hits), worldwide! This is testimony to the fact that several hours are spent by applicants in anticipation and speculation.

I would more than willing to collaborate and share these thoughts with you, to fuel your interest further.

May I also draw your attention to some of the grass-roots organizations fighting for these causes? One notable organization is "Immigration Voice" which is gaining great momentum.(www.immigrationvoice.org)

Best Regards

"Celebrate, Have Faith and Maintain Hope"--the byline of a popular immigration attorney. Isn't this quite true?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote