India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingGC
I actually don't think this is the main concern of many people who have not contributed. I have talked with many friends who got stuck with their GC applications regarding IV and urged them to contribute. However, not many of them were very passionate about this. They just simply believed that they could not achieve their GCs faster with IV's effort than without. $20 per month is not a big deal for them. But without any confidence and hope, they did not even want to bother to register and contribute. Most of my friends are EB2 with PD 2004 or later. Some who have filed 485s see no sign for SKIL being passed and are fine with their APs and EADs. Those who have not filed their 485 truly believe that they could file their 485s in about 2 years and got used to this waiting.

So I think maybe we can let people know what IV has achieved in the past one year(not just how many members or how much money IV has achieved..., but things really matter to people) and inspire them.
Maybe we are better off without having people with such defeatist attitudes as our members. If you cannot even help yourself how can others help you. Even I had friends with such attitude, I told them about IV and when they started saying IV cannot help blah blah blah nonsense. I just left it at that. If anybody who is interested goes through IV forums for 10 to 15 minutes they will understand what IV has achieved in the last 1 year with meager resources and funds. Lets leave alone such bad apples. On the other hand, I also had friends who went through IV when I mentioned it to them and have already contributed. If we keep trying and spread the word around we will eventualy find the people who have the passion to do something for themselves and join IV.
Bookmark and Share Compare