India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold
Default Apathy-stricken

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingGC
I actually don't think this is the main concern of many people who have not contributed. I have talked with many friends who got stuck with their GC applications regarding IV and urged them to contribute. However, not many of them were very passionate about this. They just simply believed that they could not achieve their GCs faster with IV's effort than without. $20 per month is not a big deal for them. But without any confidence and hope, they did not even want to bother to register and contribute. Most of my friends are EB2 with PD 2004 or later. Some who have filed 485s see no sign for SKIL being passed and are fine with their APs and EADs. Those who have not filed their 485 truly believe that they could file their 485s in about 2 years and got used to this waiting.

So I think maybe we can let people know what IV has achieved in the past one year(not just how many members or how much money IV has achieved..., but things really matter to people) and inspire them.
waitingGC, Well said. Your assessment about this group of people may be correct. These are mostly apathy-stricken people with indifferent attitudes towards the events and surroundings around them. No change can be made with such an attitude. If it were for such lazy people, no revolution/change could have been organized and this world would still be be under imperialistic forces. Sloth is the biggest sin and an example to sloth is well demonstrated by the behavior of these people who refuse to participate.

What Results?
I joined IV recently and I visit IV website several times a day. Few days back I had the patience to search and read earlier forum discussions on IV and immigrationportal. I read the forum threads in which it was discussed how IV delivered all the amendments in the last year Senate bill. What more results do these people want? I admit that I don't understand all the amendments and all the provisions that IV got for us in the Senate bill. But isn't it a big deal to simply organize in the matter of few months and then get our provisions passed in the Senate. What more results should we expect to judge IV? The only other result is when IV will get all our amendments in the next immigration bill that will be passed by the congress. By then, it would be too late for these people, who refuse to participate at this time. And I don’t plan to wait for them. So I just signed up for $50/month monthly subscription. More importantly, my wife and I will request all our friends to sign-up for monthly subscription.

Last edited by sanju; 01-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare