:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default No grace period

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist578
Does anybody know how long an H1B visa can remain valid (including grace period) after a layoff ? What I know, is an H1B technically becomes invalid the day you stop rendering your services to your employer. The firm's lawyer suggested me to file for B1/B2 visitors visa to avoid going out-of-status.

If I do that, can I transfer my H1B visa (from B1B2) once I get a job? Or will I have to struggle against some quota?

Can anybody suggest a good lawyer in New York City or near Hoboken, NJ who can help we with all this? I tried contacting Cyrus Mehta, but he seems to be booked for another week.

Btw, thanks for the overwhelming response to my request for resources to find a job. While I am evaluating my options, please keep me in consideration for any openings that you see.

Thanks.
Technically there is no grace period. Get a job ASAP and you need 2 pay-stubs for transfer.You can even do without pay-stubs but you may have to go out for I-94. Best way is to transfer to B1/B2 and you can come back to H1b without any problem.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote