Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute dilbert_cal has a reputation beyond repute

Answer inline in RED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattodo
Even I was interested in similar scenario.

1. What happens when changing employers when I-140 and I-485 pending for less than 180 days?

If your 485 is pending for less than 180 days, you are taking a risk. Its a calculated risk but most of the time there are no issues. In such a case , you will join a new employer and continue the process. If a RFE is raised within the 180 day period, you are in trouble. But realistically, your case is hardly worked on in the first 180 days. Once 180 days have passed, you can use AC21. A lot of people have done it in the past - and have been lucky.

2. From my understanding, the process needs to restart. However, do I have to do something to withdraw pending I-485.
If you absolutely want to do everything from scratch, yes you can withdraw your application. But its not a requirement to restart the clock until you have to.
3. Will it be termed as denied I-485 and create problems if I apply new I-485 with new employer?
No issues on your next 485 filing.
Any response will be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote