PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Cards

qtoask
07-11-2007, 12:34 PM
After the Flower show at USCIS...

Let's send out Your State Postal Cards. These cards you can get in any gift shops, Grocery, wal-mart.

The Card Cost and Postage is Less than 1$.

Address to be sent:

Emilio Gonzalez
USCIS
20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington D.C. 20529

Message on the Card

"Kindly do not return our I-485 petitions in July and honor the original DOS visa bulletin
[ first-name last-name ] - An employment based immigrant."

delhirocks
07-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I disagree...I think our next steps should be letters/webfaxes/phone calls to senators and Congressmen/women.

The reason why the flower protest news gained some legs was because it was unique. Lets not over do things. Now that we have somewhat of the media coverage, especially in NY times & Washington Post, we should write letters to senators/congress and request assistance.

aristotle
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Please see my other thread "Stop, Think!!" for my thoughts.

qtoask
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes, you are right partially.. only if we over do it.

This is not over doing... This is just to keep up the momentum... dont want to loose it.

I disagree...I think our next steps should be letters/webfaxes/phone calls to senators and Congressmen/women.

The reason why the flower protest news gained some legs was because it was unique. Lets not over do things. Now that we have somewhat of the media coverage, especially in NY times & Washington Post, we should write letters to senators/congress and request assistance.

Filipo
07-11-2007, 12:46 PM
they might be annoyed...and the message thats represent the flowers will become meaningless...

pitha
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
we made our point, lets move on to the next thing, which might be contacting senators, making them aware of our issues and showing them to coverage of flower campaign in NYTIMES, washington post, reuters etc,

pansworld
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Where we post photographs/names of immigrants and the respective countries that they are from. That way many of us who cannot make it to DC can actually show our support and it will put a human face to the whole thing....

amitjoey
07-11-2007, 12:59 PM

We should all write personal letters highlighting what happened and send it to out to congressmen/women. 2 Senators from your state and your house rep.
That will make a huge difference, recently an IV member sent a letter and s/he has already gotten a call from the office, with a promise to look into it.
I called my senator's local office, and they asked me to send a letter, the senator would send an inquiry to USCIS.
Again, LETTER. no email, faxes. The staff clearly told me "Send a letter", and the senator will respond to it. Senator goes thru every postage paid letter.

vik123
07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
We should all write personal letters highlighting what happened and send it to out to congressmen/women. 2 Senators from your state and your house rep.
That will make a huge difference, recently an IV member sent a letter and s/he has already gotten a call from the office, with a promise to look into it.
I called my senator's local office, and they asked me to send a letter, the senator would send an inquiry to USCIS.
Again, LETTER. no email, faxes. The staff clearly told me "Send a letter", and the senator will respond to it. Senator goes thru every postage paid letter.
Yes,you are right.More the number of the senators sending inquiry, more the pressure on USCIS.Lawmakers sending inquiry will force USCIS to do something about this mess.
I thnk that next campaign should be "SEND THE LETTERS TO YOUR SENATORS"

anda007
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I thank the idea of initiating and going about this so quickly. But if the IV or the majority of them here decide that they are going to hold rallies in San Jose/DC area, then I would not be able to participate since I don't see much representation in Denver/Boulder area.

I would appreciate that IV and/or its core members support the concept of sending more flowers/letters/cards etc.

Nothing of this kind is overdoing here.
Send Cards/Letters and more flowers

Keep the momentum going. This is not a one time affair

Anand Sharma

anda007
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Kindly send me a template of letter to the senator and address of them

I am going to send cards and letter.

If you do not agree with this idea, I apologise.
I did not send the flowers, bcos IV told me. I sent it, bcos I felt it right !!!

qtoask
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
TRUE, until IV co-ordinates rally on specific dates.. we members need to have that momentum flowing...

I thank the idea of initiating and going about this so quickly. But if the IV or the majority of them here decide that they are going to hold rallies in San Jose/DC area, then I would not be able to participate since I don't see much representation in Denver/Boulder area.

I would appreciate that IV and/or its core members support the concept of sending more flowers/letters/cards etc.

Nothing of this kind is overdoing here.
Send Cards/Letters and more flowers

Keep the momentum going. This is not a one time affair

Anand Sharma