PDA

View Full Version : Immigration-law reports rumour on senators being behind this mess

eb3_nepa
07-12-2007, 08:28 AM
http://www.immigration-law.com/

07/12/2007: Truth to Rumor of Resrictionist Senators Having Influenced USCIS Decision of July 2007 EB New Filing

There is an unconfirmed source of information that a couple of restrictionist U.S. Senators influenced the USCIS decision to reject July applications for their alleged fear that since July 2007 Visa Bulletin would open a flood gate of hundreds of thousands of 485 applications, the public might take it as the government giving out a sort of "amnesty" to these floods of people. We hope that there is no truth to such rumor. However, if it is true, it is indeed shocking that individual legislators could interfere with the government process on "personal" basis and without the formal legislative process of public notice and participation. We urge the U.S. Senate to get to the bottom of this rumor and take appropriate action for correction under the Senate rules.

mrdelhiite
07-12-2007, 08:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gcny2006
07-12-2007, 08:46 AM

07/12/2007: Truth to Rumor of Resrictionist Senators Having Influenced USCIS Decision of July 2007 EB New Filing

There is an unconfirmed source of information that a couple of restrictionist U.S. Senators influenced the USCIS decision to reject July applications for their alleged fear that since July 2007 Visa Bulletin would open a flood gate of hundreds of thousands of 485 applications, the public might take it as the government giving out a sort of "amnesty" to these floods of people. We hope that there is no truth to such rumor. However, if it is true, it is indeed shocking that individual legislators could interfere with the government process on "personal" basis and without the formal legislative process of public notice and participation. We urge the U.S. Senate to get to the bottom of this rumor and take appropriate action for correction under the Senate rules.

Amnesty ! when exactly did we break the law?

sdrk
07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
If we know, who these senators are, we can write to them and explain the immigration process, we only given the gc within the country limits and priority dates and not through any other short cuts

ilwaiting
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Do you think they don't know that?

If we know, who these senators are, we can write to them and explain the immigration process, we only given the gc within the country limits and priority dates and not through any other short cuts

pak
07-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Please visit

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mailapp/

enter your address to find the senetor of your area.

Fill up your contact info.

Paste the templet:

I am a highly-skilled professional who entered this country legally. I've
been waiting for my US permanent resident visa -also known as "Green Card"
for the past several years along with 500,000 other educated, highly
skilled employment based (EB) immigrants. Many of us have been waiting for
our turn to get Green Cards for 5-10 years while consistently abiding by
all the laws of this country. Such long delays are due to tortuous and
confusing paper work, backlogs due to various quotas and processing delays
at US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), other allied state and
federal agencies.

Several categories of EB immigrant visa (Green Card) numbers were
unavailable ("retrogressed") since the fall of 2005. For the past several
decades, the US Department of State (DOS) has been publishing advisories
known as visa bulletins once a month to announce the availability of
immigrant visa numbers. On June 13, 2007, after a gap of nearly two years,
DOS announced that all EB visa numbers would be "current" for the month of
July. This meant, irrespective of our "priority date" (date assigned to us
for our turn in the line for Green Cards), all of us were made eligible to
apply for some interim immigration benefits. This "priority date" refers
to the date when our labor certification (documentation verifying no US
citizen worker was available for a given job) had been filed.

Please note that 6/13 DOS announcement would not have led to immediate
green card for most of us; but at least it would have ensured us interim
benefits such as the right to travel and right to work for any employer-
this was still a welcome change. Especially, for dependent spouses who are
otherwise unable to work, this would have translated into right to travel
and work without restriction and thus channel their energies positively.
Several dependent spouses are also highly-skilled.

Tens of thousands of applicants spent thousands of dollars in legal fees,
immigration medical exams & vaccinations & getting various supporting
documents ready to file our immigrant petitions to USCIS, at times
inconveniencing our old parents in our home countries as well. It has been
an agonizing two weeks for us. Some of us to had to fly in our spouses
from our home countries or have had to cut short business trips. Hundreds
of millions of dollars were spent by thousands of immigrants in
preparation of their application. To our shock and dismay, on the morning
of July 2nd 2007, USCIS announced that EB visa numbers were not available
and all petitions filed in July would be rejected.

For the legal skilled immigrants this has been a rather traumatizing and
disheartening experience. These are people that are in the country
legally, paid taxes and followed all the rules.

We sincerely seek immediate congressional/ legislative remedial measures
which would (1)Reduce the enormous backlogs of green card petitions of
legal skilled immigrants (2)Ensure and request USCIS not to reject our
immigrant visa petitions filed in July and provide us interim benefits of
a pending immigrant visa petition. We make this sincere request with the
hope that people who played by the rules will be rewarded.

Sincerely,

XX

You will receive confirmation from senetor's office.

Thanks

yabadaba
07-12-2007, 10:05 AM
who do you think is behind this?? Sessions? Bernie Sanders? Durbin? Grassley? not many people like us. Think Senator Cornyn could help us out?

TheGreatMan
07-12-2007, 10:08 AM
who do you think is behind this?? Sessions? Bernie Sanders? not many people like us. Think Senator Cornyn could help us out?

This just provides more proof to one of the concpiracy theories, which states that this whole movement of the priority date was done to keep the legal community quiet, so that they can pass the CIR..

Now since CIR is down and out, the sentors who wrote up the bill have no other way but to pull back the dates !!

I can become a Michael Moore !! :eek:

johnamit
07-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't any other reason for drastic change in VB in May and June and then
stormy change on July 2nd.

This just provides more proof to one of the concpiracy theories, which states that this whole movement of the priority date was done to keep the legal community quiet, so that they can pass the CIR..

Now since CIR is down and out, the sentors who wrote up the bill have not other way but to pull back the dates !!

I can become a Michael Moore !! :eek:

mihird
07-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Amnesty ! when exactly did we break the law?

I even asked him to remove the word amnesty from his site...amnesty only applies to people who broke the law...where did any of us break the law?

rimco99
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
who do you think is behind this?? Sessions? Bernie Sanders? Durbin? Grassley? not many people like us. Think Senator Cornyn could help us out?

Must be Tom Tancredo (SOB)

eb3_nepa
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Must be Tom Tancredo (SOB)

First off Tancredo is a "Congressman" and not a senator. Secondly I know we dont like the anti-immigrants a lot, but PLEASE refrain from publicly abusing them on the forum.

eb3_nepa
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I even asked him to remove the word amnesty from his site...amnesty only applies to people who broke the law...where did any of us break the law?

Why have you PMd Rajiv Khanna? Has he posted something similar on immigration.com?

howzatt
07-12-2007, 10:40 AM
This and the new rumor that two senators were influencing USCIS clearly implies that the whole mess is a result of the CIR bill.

I can recall watching c-span a few days before the july bulletin came out. He said something on these lines "If we have 400-500,000 legal immigrants in the backlog for the past 4-5 years, how do you think we will able to provide GC to 11 million illegal immigrants?"

A few days after this, the July visa bulletin is released. CIR dies on June 26th or 27th and the two senators(whoever they are) influenced USCIS to "use up" all the numbers. THe more you read into this mess, it becomes clear that CIR was the root cause for the roller coaster ride of emotions.

This stuff is not a revelation but it confirms our suspicion all along that this was a political drama. I dont think this had anything to do with the fee increase.

I hope 60 minutes covers this scandal. If anyone has contacted 60 minutes, can you please let us know their email address?

villamonte6100
07-12-2007, 10:50 AM
wow! If this is true and if lawmakers/government deliberately did this to kick colored people out of the country. What is the point of being in this country.

I think we should avoid the use of "colored people" because there are Australians and other nationals like British and Canadians who are also suffering the same fate as we are.

That is really an unfair comment.

redcard
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Who is behind this ??

Call up Numbersusa and Programmers guild.. They will give you the exact details.. I guess they are able to influence the people in the right places at the right time without having to send out flowers…

We should strongly consider appointing them as our lobbyist.. I am sure for the right price they won't mind switching….money and lies can work magic in this country

andy garcia
07-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I think we should avoid the use of "colored people" because there are Australians and other nationals like British and Canadians who are also suffering the same fate as we are.

What is the color of colored people anyway?

eager_immi
07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
CBS) 60 Minutes:

ADDRESS:
60 Minutes
524 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019

EMAIL: 60m@cbsnews.com

PHONE: (212) 975-3247

This and the new rumor that two senators were influencing USCIS clearly implies that the whole mess is a result of the CIR bill.

I can recall watching c-span a few days before the july bulletin came out. He said something on these lines "If we have 400-500,000 legal immigrants in the backlog for the past 4-5 years, how do you think we will able to provide GC to 11 million illegal immigrants?"

A few days after this, the July visa bulletin is released. CIR dies on June 26th or 27th and the two senators(whoever they are) influenced USCIS to "use up" all the numbers. THe more you read into this mess, it becomes clear that CIR was the root cause for the roller coaster ride of emotions.

This stuff is not a revelation but it confirms our suspicion all along that this was a political drama. I dont think this had anything to do with the fee increase.

I hope 60 minutes covers this scandal. If anyone has contacted 60 minutes, can you please let us know their email address?

makemygc
07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
VIBGYOR (Viloet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red). These are the colors of rainbow. One letter missing in this is W.

Leo
07-12-2007, 11:02 AM
If its true that senators and congress persons are twisting USCIS's arms to bend rules and work illegally than thats the sad. I guess if these senators have thier way then they will want to kick legal immigrants because they cannot kick illegals out of the country.

kumar26fl
07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
If this rumor/conspiracy theory is indeed true, then I would not be surprised if there will be another and even bigger consipiracy theory to cover the original rumor. This government and congress will never accept or take responsibility of the rumor, if it is true, simply for the reason that it is aimed at non-citizens. I think we should continue to strongly support and send letters to senators and continue to bring media attention on this matter.

Libra
07-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Good one...then we can call ourselves as rainbow instead of colored people:D

VIBGYOR (Viloet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red). These are the colors of rainbow. One letter missing in this is W.

Libra
07-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Guys, in this whole mess, i see president as only hope, i never liked Bush so much but i dont know why i started liking him now

villamonte6100
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM

You are a senior member, you know what I'm talking about and I'm an Asian, I'm brown.

GCapplicant
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
If its true that senators and congress persons are twisting USCIS's arms to bend rules and work illegally than thats the sad. I guess if these senators have thier way then they will want to kick legal immigrants because they cannot kick illegals out of the country.

How do they relate legals with illegals-What do we have to do with them in the first place?We are in a diff track anyways.If they follow the procededure we wouldnt be held up like this.We have all the documents they want,Even if we receive RFE we will answer them.

Why should the senators worry about 400-500 K applications...did not they know before in hand so many applications would be there that too after perm where most of them received within two weeks ,when they decided to make it current?I dont understand what hatred they have on skilled immigrants...In what way we affect them-We do have a decent standard of living here .its not going to spoil the economy.UMMM...

I really wish these problems to come to an end...GOD BLESS us all.

jambapamba
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
No pun intended but just from school book... wont you get W if you add all of the colors...and more interestingly, if you split W (with a prism), it shows up all the colors!

sledge_hammer
07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Andy Garcia,

I've noticed that all your comments have a racist tinge to it. Are you one of those ALIPAC bigots trolling our forum? You have never made any valuable contribution to this forum. Every now and then you surface and make a comment that is of zero value.

Oh btw, I like the real Andy Garcia, the hollywood actor, but don't make me start loathing him because of you!

jambapamba
07-12-2007, 11:19 AM
They just didn't want to process 300-500K apps and did everything to avoid. And in the process, they messed it up big. That is all! Now they are thinking to correct it. I am just waiting how are they going to resolve this mess....

I believe that other rumour that USCIS is returning the numbers is true...and they are planning as to what should be done... May be the dates would move in the August bulletin.

wellwishergc
07-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Guys/Gals,

Please do not belittle the contribution of undocumented workers to the nation. Watch the movie "Fast Food Nation" and you will understand the plight of these workers.

I agree that our focus here on this site is "legal immigration" - so we should dicuss only matters and issues that relate to us on this forum; however please be sensitive to the predicament of the undocumented workers while making remarks here on this forum or anywhere outside.

Thanks!

How do they relate legals with illegals-What do we have to do with them in the first place?We are in a diff track anyways.If they follow the procededure we wouldnt be held up like this.We have all the documents they want,Even if we receive RFE we will answer them.

Why should the senators worry about 400-500 K applications...did not they know before in hand so many applications would be there that too after perm where most of them received within two weeks ,when they decided to make it current?I dont understand what hatred they have on skilled immigrants...In what way we affect them-We do have a decent standard of living here .its not going to spoil the economy.UMMM...

I really wish these problems to come to an end...GOD BLESS us all.

jayram123
07-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Just curious, Who said this? This may answer the question of who the senators are.

howzatt
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Just curious, Who said this? This may answer the question of who the senators are.

I dont remember the name of this senator. IIRC, this was around june 2nd week and it was on c-span. I was following the CIR bill closely and heard this.

ilwaiting
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
No offence meant, But if you look at the number of immigrants who would be affected by this fiasco, most of them are South Asian. Agreed that there are lot of other countries who would be affected but their probability of priority dates becoming current again in October is good.

But just think, why would a "restrictionist"(quoting from the rumor) senators want to push USCIS to do it if its not about race?

andy007
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM

So for Illegal Immigrants they will take 20 years..
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/08/60minutes/main13504.shtml

andy007
07-12-2007, 11:49 AM

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/08/60minutes/main13504.shtml

pitha
07-12-2007, 11:55 AM
not only amnesty word but also stupid words like "floodgates", what do they mean by using words like floodgates, everybody including mathew oh and scores of people on our own site use this word. There is no floodgates, we came to this country legaly, went through the labor clearence process also, so where is the question of floodgates.

by using stupid out of context words like floodgates we are hurting our own cause. does not matter, intentionaly or unintentionaly please dont use words like floodgates or any words which bring negative implications

sledge_hammer
07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Here you go...

Are your friends dark skin or white?
That makes a big difference.

You guys invented them both. Golf and madcows:)

Breaking News:

Fox News

FBI has aprehended Secretaries Rice and Chertoff for disobeying Immigration regulations. They will be sent to a maximun security Federal prison until all the backlog cases have been cleared by CIS.

I am going to Hawaii.

Take care guys

Thanks for your warning I am so scare I am taking 4 days off. I see you on Monday July 9.

Is it 1234 cursing in Hindu?

What is the racist tinge in the above comment/question? Please post other Andy's comments with racist tinge!

asanghi
07-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I have written to them many times regarding our plight. I didn't get as much a reply from them. They even did a story on Lou Dobbs but didn't ask the hard questions.

No matter what core team says, I think Lou Dobbs influences a lot of opinions and it is very important to counter his propaganda with real facts.

Also, Michael Moore had a spat with CNN and blamed CNN of not reporting facts. I am writing to Michael Moore regarding the scandals at USCIS and propagapndas spread by Lou Dobbs and hope that he might be interested in our story. If any body else wants to write, check out this page

http://michaelmoore.com/email/index.php

saimrathi
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Already wrote to Michael Moore... Please go ahead and write to him, if there is a lot of interest on this topic, maybe he'll promote our cause.. IMO... :)

I have written to them many times regarding our plight. I didn't get as much a reply from them. They even did a story on Lou Dobbs but didn't ask the hard questions.

No matter what core team says, I think Lou Dobbs influences a lot of opinions and it is very important to counter his propaganda with real facts.

Also, Michael Moore had a spat with CNN and blamed CNN of not reporting facts. I am writing to Michael Moore regarding the scandals at USCIS and propagapndas spread by Lou Dobbs and hope that he might be interested in our story. If any body else wants to write, check out this page

http://michaelmoore.com/email/index.php

sledge_hammer
07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Mr. Macaca,

You, for one, who has taken over a name that is racist by anyone's standards, has to either be on speed or sniffing magic markers in your spare time when you are not defending Andy Garcia's racist remarks!

I have noticed that he is more interested in knowing who is black, brown, or white, rather than contributing to the forum irrespective of their color.

Do you too believe saying the British invented mad cow disease is not racist?

And enough with the multi-colored fonts already. Its getting old!

What is the racist tinge in these posts? Please post your explanations!

sledge_hammer
07-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Nice argument there Macaca - "None of YOUR business!"

Keep doing what you do best, copying and pasting from here and there, and stop defending him if you believe what he said IS racist.

None of YOUR business!

None of YOUR business!

I don't!

Libra
07-12-2007, 01:13 PM
guys, stop fighting like school going kids....

now listen(read) why those 2 senetors making legals life a hell with the help of USCIS???
because they want illegals to learn a lesson and never think of being a legal in america.
what do you say?

Nice argument there Macaca - "None of YOUR business!"

Keep doing what you do best, copying and pasting from here and there, and stop defending him if you believe what he said IS racist.

sledge_hammer
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM
If this is none of my business, then why was it YOUR business to ask me to prove why I felt he was racist?

This just proves even more that you are not very good at saying anything of substance. For heaven's sake, stick to copying-and-pasting...

IT is None of YOUR business!

chintu25
07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Here is an email address for emailing letters to USCIS. Please send only approved formats from IV

usvisa@state.gov :D

Thanks
Chintu25

anai
07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Shows your analytic and comprehension skill level!

I think what you really meant to say was:

:-) Couldn't resist.

gc_chahiye
07-12-2007, 01:36 PM

OMG a macaca post in a single color, that too the default black! he is pissed off, stay out of his way guys. :)

just kidding, the work you do on the news threads is INVALUABLE!

singhsa3
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Take a note of this, we will use this for our phase -II campaign
CBS) 60 Minutes:

ADDRESS:
60 Minutes
524 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019

EMAIL: 60m@cbsnews.com

PHONE: (212) 975-3247