PDA

View Full Version : Recent forum posts

lonedesi
07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
It appears that the 'Recent Forum Posts' window is acting weird. It seems to be showing different posts in different order everytime I go back & forth to the home page. Some times the most recent updated post is at the top (which is what it is supposed to be) and the very next minute it seems to be all the way down. Is it just my system or is everyone experiencing the same?

GC_sufferer
07-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Same problem, it occured since yesterday afternoon.

It appears that the 'Recent Forum Posts' window is acting weird. It seems to be showing different posts in different order everytime I go back & forth to the home page. Some times the most recent updated post is at the top (which is what it is supposed to be) and the very next minute it seems to be all the way down. Is it just my system or is everyone experiencing the same?

newuser
07-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Me too. I am also having the same problems. Any quick fix?

eb3_nepa
07-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes i agree.

I think they may have removed the "order by lastPostDate" clause from the vBulletin POSTS DB ;) due to the recent outages i guess (just an educated guess).

The posts are ordered REALLY weirdly

chanduv23
07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Yes i agree.

I think they may have removed the "order by lastPostDate" clause from the vBulletin POSTS DB ;) due to the recent outages i guess (just an educated guess).

The posts are ordered REALLY weirdly

Maybe they are working like USCIS no 'C' anymore :D :D

eb3_nepa
07-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe they are working like USCIS no 'C' anymore :D :D

Can someone from the IV admin reply about this when they get a chance?

lkrastogi
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Recent Post window not showing the recent posts

saimrathi
07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Try hitting New posts..

lonedesi
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Man, that window seems to be loading all kinds of post with no ryhme or reason. Can someone from the Admin group please fix that mess or atleast completely remove it until they fix it? Its loading pages as old as few months back which have not been updated at all.

Pineapple
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
One thing the admin can do is restrict new threads. The past week has seen a deluge of new threads, in most cases, created by people who just created a profile.. (You can see that the new thread is started by someone with less than 10 posts to his/her name). Almost all the threads are duplicate, and the only reason we have new threads is the newbie is too lazy to find the correct thread to post the comment..

This is simply adding to the clutter and chaos..

johnamit
07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
It may in effort to fix outage caused by recent post window. I read some suggestions floating around yesterday. May be its time to fund reliable hosting for IV. I am in for it.

johnamit
07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree, there should be limit something like after posting 25 messages only then one can start new thread.

One thing the admin can do is restrict new threads. The past week has seen a deluge of new threads, in most cases, created by people who just created a profile.. (You can see that the new thread is started by someone with less than 10 posts to his/her name). Almost all the threads are duplicate, and the only reason we have new threads is the newbie is too lazy to find the correct thread to post the comment..

This is simply adding to the clutter and chaos..

johnamit
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
please fix this issue

TheGreatMan
07-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I think its now the "Latest Read" Thread will come first, whereas earlier the threads in which "somebody posted the last" used to come first

byeusa
07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
It was sucking up a lot of juice from the server to keep the queries running, so core might have disabled it.