PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to set up University in Bangalore....

chapper
07-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Microsoft Corporation has chosen Bangalore for its first-ever exclusive and independent educational venture in the world. The company will set up a university in the city to impart high-end computer education. The university may well be India's first run by a multinational company.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Microsoft_to_set_up_university_in_city/articleshow/2196363.cms

jonty_11
07-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Next thing u hear is Bill Gates to move to Bangalore....that day is not far...

pitha
07-12-2007, 01:00 PM
if the US government does not want to allow people to come here, go there
and teach them and set up the company there.

Ron Hira, IEEE-USA, grassley and durbin, what will you do next, write a new law making it illegal to set up a university or division outside US, write another stupid letter to microsoft asking them to explain why?

Microsoft Corporation has chosen Bangalore for its first-ever exclusive and independent educational venture in the world. The company will set up a university in the city to impart high-end computer education. The university may well be India's first run by a multinational company.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Microsoft_to_set_up_university_in_city/articleshow/2196363.cms

gcseeker2002
07-12-2007, 01:00 PM

I would be more happy if this were "Microsoft moves all US software development to Bangalore , after being tired of USCIS inflicting unimaginable tyranny on immigrants"

TimeSaver
07-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Microsoft is not only the best and biggest software company, it cares so much for its employees. Microsoft is very very helpful to its employees when it comes to immigration matters. There are cases when about 3 labors and I-140s have been filed for one employee to get him to file his 485. All the channels are open in the compnay and if there is anyway you can think it might help you get your greencard faster, the company is ready to do that (ofcourse ethically and legally). There is a direct communication with the outside lawyers. They have hired the best of the best law firm in US, which only handles Microsoft cases now adays. This all because Bill Gates after making all the money has become a bigger person. Money is not important to the compnay when it comes to employees. By announcing the opening of a dev center in Canada and school in Bangalore, he is trying to make a point to the US Gov that he was not just bull shitting when he was saying there is a shortage of high tech workers. This was all annouced after the failure of any bill for the relief of H1b numbers and green card aspirants. And to top it off the company has the best health insurance in the world. Simply putting it, choose any doctor, choose any hospital, any pharmacy...your bill is $0 yup $0..no co pay..no co insurance no deductible not even for emergency room visit.

Now how I know this and why am I appreciating Microsoft is something I can't reveal ;)

DallasBlue
07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
--

gsvisu
07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Soon there will be queue for GC for India from other countries ?

We can call it WelcomeCard or WC.

&

1 Re = $45
1 Re = 70 Euros ?
other currencies here.

Mera Bhaarat Mahaan.

GCAmigo
07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Cool.. then we will be neither here nor there.. perfect limbo! which literally translates into "Dhobhi KA Kutta Na Ghar Ka Na Ghat Ka" !

gaggu
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
This may be a business strategy...by Mr Bill G

Today 60% of all IT professionals worldwide are being generated in India + China and if Microsoft can train a piece of it on their platform it will help their business. This is great vision and a win win for both Indian and MS.

India is already falling in love with Linux and other nonMS techs and this may be a step to counter that.

GG

pd_recapturing
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Guys, Do you really think that we are here in US because of dollar to Rs exchange rate that makes our saving potential huge. I disagree with that. Atleast, I am here because of overall quality of life. I enjoy nature & greenery here that you can only enjoy in hill stations in India. I enjoy fresh air, not-so-crowded places and good living condions. In india, irrespective of how much rich you are, you cant enjoy these things. Again, this is my thinking. You may very well agree/disagree with this.

gimme Green!!
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
What does "Dhobhi KA Kutta Na Ghar Ka Na Ghat Ka" mean?

Cool.. then we will be neither here nor there.. perfect limbo! which literally translates into "Dhobhi KA Kutta Na Ghar Ka Na Ghat Ka" !

amitga
07-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Guys, Do you really think that we are here in US because of dollar to Rs exchange rate that makes our saving potential huge. I disagree with that. Atleast, I am here because of overall quality of life. I enjoy nature & greenery here that you can only enjoy in hill stations in India. I enjoy fresh air, not-so-crowded places and good living condions. In india, irrespective of how much rich you are, you cant enjoy these things. Again, this is my thinking. You may very well agree/disagree with this.

I agree. Most of the people in India thinks that we are in US to make money, but the truth is, its not money. Its quality of life.

arunkotte
07-12-2007, 04:10 PM
What does "Dhobhi KA Kutta Na Ghar Ka Na Ghat Ka" mean?

Literal translation: Laundrymans dog, not for house, not for river bank :rolleyes:

Well a better explaination: it is a saying used to describe a catch 22 situation.

rimco99
07-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree. Most of the people in India thinks that we are in US to make money, but the truth is, its not money. Its quality of life.

I disagree, most of us are here for the money and also for the education. Lets see if any one is going to stay here if 1 rupee equals to 45 dollars. I bet 99.9% would leave. Still I feel India has the charm amidst all its chaos.Don't you guys love the vibrance and the joy of India.

DSJ
07-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Why are you here...waiting for Dollar to go up :D

Don't you guys love the vibrance and the joy of India.

syzygy
07-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Ron Hira is worst person of Indian origin I know. What an idiot he is, he has set upper limit to prove how stupid anyone can be, I saw one report where he was speaking legal immigrants while another American guy was in favor of hardworking legal immigrants. He is makking fool of himself in front of all.

if the US government does not want to allow people to come here, go there
and teach them and set up the company there.

Ron Hira, IEEE-USA, grassley and durbin, what will you do next, write a new law making it illegal to set up a university or division outside US, write another stupid letter to microsoft asking them to explain why?

hemanth22
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I do not agree that money is the only influencing factor, It might be true till the mid to late nineties , but has changed since 2000 onwards.

India has lot of oppurtunities now , the real estate market , stock market have appreciated tremendously , before with 1$ = 45 Re , we could easily buy land or houses easily with cash
But now even with $1 = 50 Re :) we cannot touch land or houses in big / medium cities in India by paying cash , they have become so expensive.
Imagine if you were there in india and bought them at the right time , you will be much better off than the people slogging here.

hemanth22
07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Ron Hira is worst person of Indian origin I know. What an idiot he is, he has set upper limit to prove how stupid anyone can be, I saw one report where he was speaking legal immigrants while another American guy was in favor of hardworking legal immigrants. He is makking fool of himself in front of all.

the guy is an idiot , he isnt sure about himself, i think he is taking the position to get some cheap publicity

AmericanDreamZ
07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I do not agree that money is the only influencing factor, It might be true till the mid to late nineties , but has changed since 2000 onwards.

India has lot of oppurtunities now , the real estate market , stock market have appreciated tremendously , before with 1$ = 45 Re , we could easily buy land or houses easily with cash
But now even with $1 = 50 Re :) we cannot touch land or houses in big / medium cities in India by paying cash , they have become so expensive.
Imagine if you were there in india and bought them at the right time , you will be much better off than the people slogging here.

absolutely true, I know friends who have done exactly that, and they are really well off and in a much better position financially than I thought i could ever achieve if I stayed in India.

But like some earlier posts mentioned I am not sure that it is the money or the exchange rate that is attractive about the US. In that case a I guess we should all be trying for the UK. I think it has a lot to do with the quality and ease of life, the facilities etc.

I mean if it was totally money related then I think nobody would want to stay here for good ( get GC), as he/she would be better off working here for 6 years or so and then take all his dollar savings and push off back to India, multiply his savings by 40 or what ever it is and be real happy that he has a beefy bank balance. If you plan to stay here for life, then whats the point in calculating the exchange rate with Indian rupees and all.

I am aware that as the dollar drops or rupee becomes strong or whatever eventually there will be an effect to prices here and all that, and then quality of life will go down and so on. But i guess many would say i am living in denial, when i say I won't have to worry about all that happening any time soon or maybe even in my lifetime.

-ADZ

rimco99
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Why are you here...waiting for Dollar to go up :D

Waiting to leave to for India dude (not kidding!!!). I am not one of those cribbers that there is no life if there is no GC

gsvisu
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
In the past 6 months I have known 5 of my friends leave to India for good. One of them left for Canada.

Many of my friends are growing up the ladder in India rather than stuck between "Programming CODE" and "Green Card". With no growth, stuck between BLOOD sucking consulting companies that apply for GC and wait for years...

If companies like Microsoft and others follow suit...there could be more opportunities elsewhere than getting stressed out here.

smisachu
07-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Nothing beats India...Life is so easy there...I dont have to do laundry, dishes, cook...nothing...Just enjoy..
I am here because a small, narrow street in down town NYC called Wall Street houses the most wealth in the world and if you have to make it big in finance then you got to be near this Gully(by lane)...

By the way...Three cheers for Namma Bangaloru for attracting MSFT university.:cool:

I disagree, most of us are here for the money and also for the education. Lets see if any one is going to stay here if 1 rupee equals to 45 dollars. I bet 99.9% would leave. Still I feel India has the charm amidst all its chaos.Don't you guys love the vibrance and the joy of India.

qtoask
07-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Is there another MSFT university anywhere else other than the proposed one in Bengaloru?

Nothing beats India...Life is so easy there...I dont have to do laundry, dishes, cook...nothing...Just enjoy..
I am here because a small, narrow street in down town NYC called Wall Street houses the most wealth in the world and if you have to make it big in finance then you got to be near this Gully(by lane)...

By the way...Three cheers for Namma Bangaloru for attracting MSFT university.:cool:

GCBy3000
07-13-2007, 01:24 AM
This is utter BS I have ever seen. Also this would never happen for several economic reason.

After working hard in US, you get around $4k - 5K on average per month. For similar job you get Rs.80 -100K per months in India. In nutshell, it translates 25 times more in India than here. If you pay $1000 rent here, then you have to pay Rs 25,000 rent which is true now-a-days in big cities. So do not compare without thinking practically. The whole comparsion would only work, if you could earn in dollars and spend your day to day expenses in Rupees. Example earn $5k / month and Pay Rs 600 ($15) in rent. IS THIS POSSIBLE? NOPE. SO DONT COMPARE

Again one of my fellow member politely explained that he is here only for quality of life. Quality of life is there in every country. My grandparents live in Karnataka in a small village. It is so beautiful, clean, unpolluted air and water and you will enjoy if you like the nature. But I dont want to live there just for quality of life. Who will employ me and pay me? Where are my opportunities for growth? Quality of life is also good in Canada / France / UK / European countries. Why people are coming to US from those countries? There are several IV members from those countries. SO MY DEAR FRIEND, BE PRACTICAL and ACCEPT THE TRUTH that your primary reason to be here is $$$ and next comes the quality of life and opportunity for growth.
Soon there will be queue for GC for India from other countries ?

We can call it WelcomeCard or WC.

&

1 Re = $45
1 Re = 70 Euros ?
other currencies here.